“The richness of life lies in the memories we have forgotten.” -Cesare Pavese
While Victory Gardens & Rationing was a temporary fix to Halt the demand of “normal Society”; that Contributed Effort today is taught thru a lens, that without the concentrated effort of America- the World would be lost without the Navigational pull of American greatness & strength.
- World War II: – The United States Government began rationing items :https://www.historyextra.com/period/second-world-war/when-food-rationing-begin-end-ww2/
- Who is the OPA: Office of Price Administration – Wikipedia
- The OPA list: Once items were placed onto the OPA list- it would cause a ripple effect- demanding a trip to the store and shortages to begin. Office of Price Administration (OPA) During WW2 Summary & Facts (totallyhistory.com)
- Victory Gardens: Victory Gardens during World War II – an overnight sensation for American families and the future ahead. (livinghistoryfarm.org)
- Spam: How Spam Became a Household Name Because of WWII | 12 Tomatoes
- Mac and Cheese :